Monday, February 22, 2010

Loving Mister Thoreau.

I really really really want to make myself an Inspiration Book.
...Because I really really really need reminding every once in a while, of the kind of person I'm trying to become.
A meaningful dive into the scriptures always helps. It would, however, be nice to be able to go to a source where I can revel in some of my favourite juicy words from other inspired individuals as well. And pictures. Photos, paintings, anything. Those inspire me, too.

Anyways.

On that note...and a personal resolve to explore Henry David Thoreau's works...I've found some beauties-of-quotes of his. These are just a few that got me right in the gut...right in that sweet spot...the spot where good words aim when they're meant to be turned into action. Love when that happens.


"A man is rich in proportion to the things he can afford to let alone."

"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity."

"Be not simply good; Be good for something."



"Goodness is the only investment that never fails."

"How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book."

"A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by acting." 

No comments:

Post a Comment