Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Date: My Husband.

My mom referred me to a site recently called The Dahling Dating Divas.
It's created a monster of me.

But luckily, it's a pretty great monster to morph into: The planning-fun-dates-for-my-hubby-and-I monster.

The site is run by 12 married women (I think they're all married, anyways. There might be a single one or two) who talk about the fun dates they've planned for their husbands.
So I think to myself...what a fun idea.
Then, after I got through all the grumpy and whiny "but-he-doesn't-do-that-for-me's" and the "but-why-should-I-be-the-one-planning-the-date-s" (all spurred on by pregnancy hormones, fersher.)....I realized that this would be a really fun way to show my D-Hubby that he is still my main man.

So far, it's resulted in a LOST date, inspired by this post.
Ours was the cheaper version, of course.
I decorated our bedroom with cardboard and poster-board palm trees and wouldn't let him in until our date started (after Baby Rae was in bed, asleep.) I posted a Dharma Initiative sign on the door to tell him to STAY OUT, too. I left a love note on the mirror, explaining our evening and such...and then we had island-type treats: fruit smoothies and popcorn...because I'm pretty sure they have popcorn on deserted, enchanted islands, alright? Aaaand because I have a middle-school boy sense of humour, I left out macaroons on the bed and told him to watch out for the polar bear and boar poop. I thought I was soooo funny. :) Then we watched LOST, of course. Three episodes. Then fell asleep at 9:30...because we were beat like who-knows-what from a long week. The joys of a married-date :)
And did I mention I made us wear deserted island outfits? Oh, because I did. Baha.

D-Hubby wasn't quite sure what to think for the first half of the date...but we had fun.  And it's definitely spurred on the planning of future fun little dates to enjoy together. Future cheap dates to enjoy together. :)

Love that D-Hubby or somethin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment