Monday, December 6, 2010

Sunshine Moments and Small Victories.

-My goal for this week was to shower at least every other day. Personal care definitely gets harder with 2 babies...but so far so good! And D-Hubby also appreciates my efforts...baha.

-I managed to finish washing the pile of dishes that has accumulated. I always seemed to get interrupted when I had gotten through washing a bunch...but not all...and then sleep would always win out when both kiddos were asleep and I asked myself: to wash the rest...or nap? Dishes have gotten a constant jilt lately. BUT they're all gone, all done, and never to pile up like that again.

-Back to cloth diapering. We started back into the cloth this week after a 5 week hiatus. The 5 and a bit weeks of disposables has been nice and easy for us and those who have taken care of Baby-Rae while we've been baby-busy....but ALSO reminded me why I decided to cloth diaper in the first place. Do you know how much garbage diapers for two make? Especially with a huge and chubby 5-week old who is the heaviest wetter EVER? Seriously, crazy pee-er. Anyways. I'm not feeling like it's any more work than diapering one in cloth...the loads of diapers I wash now are just a full batch...which is better anyways. Yeehaw.

-We had our neighbors over for dinner last night. LOVE them. They adored a picture that D-Hubby had taken of our fair city...and asked if they could get the digital file to have one blown up to put in their house. It turned out A-MAZING and made D-Hubby feel like a million bucks.

-Baby-Rae is very good at recognizing her dad and pointing him out whenever he shows up. She loves him. The other day we were on the way back from grocery shopping when she busted out with an enthusiastic "Dada! Da!" and was pointing excitedly. I looked around for someone who looked like D-Hubby but couldn't see anyone. I followed her pointing finger and realized she was pointing at the Colonel's big face on the top of a KFC. Baha! I thought maybe it was just a one-time mix-up...but the whole thing repeated itself when we drove by that KFC again later in the week. I think I definitely thought it was funnier than D-Hubby did...

-As of this upcoming Monday, I am through the obligatory 6 week recovery period for my Csection. Woohoo.

-I can fit into pre-maternity jeans! Hey, I didn't say I looked good in them, just that they can pull on and do up. Happened way faster than the last time so...(smile!) Just makes my wardrobe so much bigger and more wearable.

-Made peach cobbler last night from frozen peaches from the summer. Then ate it. And loooooved it.

-Found this recipe. Then planned a whole Harry Potter party in my head. Then decided to throw it next year when the last movie comes out. Then mourned the fact that I STILL haven't seen the one just out. But I will...oh, I will............someday.

1 comment:

  1. when you have a harry potter party, invite us ok? dave loves HP. Congrats on the small victories! nothing feels better then a nice shower or bath. its so exciting to me :)

    ReplyDelete