Saturday, September 28, 2013

Things My Kids Should Know About Me: Part 2

By way of explanation: At night, physically and emotionally spent, I usually collapse into a kid-free coma and zone out to a TV show or two before going to bed. But lately, I've been eating differently, and it's left me with some life still leftover in me at the end of the day. I've decided to use it more wisely...and to write, sing, read more often in the evenings. These "Things My Kids Should Know" questions are giving me a thought-provoking place to start, even if they are a little cheesy. Sooo...Enjoy? Haha.

Part 1 here.


3) Describe Three Legitimate Fears you have and how they became fears.

---Jumping into cold water.
       I jumped into an ice cold lake once and almost passed out because of the shock. Freaked me riiiiight out. I don't even care if you call me a chicken, I just wade into cold water now.
---Not living up to my potential.
       One of the worst things I can think of is standing there at the end of my life and being disappointed with myself.
---Being sexually abused/raped.
       This one is pretty self-explanatory, not to mention understandable. Just the idea of someone taking something away from me that is so precious horrifies me. I ache for every victim of sexual abuse.

4) Describe your relationship with your spouse

My relationship with my sweet D-Hubby is...well...like putting two elephants in one potato sack. So far it's been a lot of squeezing and squishing, and being annoyed about the other one getting in our way and laughing about how ridiculous we must look. We are two strong, mostly opposite personalities who both like getting our own way. But we are also vulnerable with each other, and take care of each other. We love to create together, to enjoy the outdoors together, to love on our kids, and tease each other. If we're having a disagreement, it's probably because I'm telling him he's being insensitive and where-the-heck is his heart, and he's telling me I am being totally unreasonable and not everything can be love and sunshine. And then we just look at each other, all mad...and realize that those are just the things that we love about each other: he loves how much I care about people, I love how he can see a situation from a straightforward and logical perspective. He is helping me become something better than what I would be without him. Sometimes we don't understand each other...and we have to work hard at bringing two different minds into unity and harmony; but we are unfailingly committed to each other and our marriage, and THAT is what keeps our love burning brighter and brighter every day...and always keeps things interesting. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment