Sunday, November 8, 2009

Obsession.

I think these craft blogs I've discovered are going to be the death of me.


All I can think about is what craft I want to do next.

I think about what I can sew...what I can cover with scrapbooking paper and modge podge...what junk I can turn into a masterpiece. Nothing is safe. And every spare minute I can afford, I'm bent over the kitchen table (which has become my creative lair...) acting like the next... (...um...insert name of famous sewer/crafter/scrapbooker here. Because I don't know any).

It happens to me all the time (Remember how photography consumed me but a month ago?).
Maybe I have a naturally obsessive personality.
(er...)

Scratch that.

I'm calling it passion. As in, I get passionate about new things that are exciting and creative and challenging. The sparkle of it all reaches a rolling boil inside of me until it finally settles to a comfortable, sustainable simmer...having changed me...because I've made it a part of me: a part of what I do, what I like, what I've experienced, what I've tried, what I've tackled.

Oh, yeeeeah.

So last night I went to see Julie & Julia.
It's a show about cooking.

Uh oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment