Friday, February 4, 2011

Finally Finished.









The quilt for Baby-Rae is FINALLY FINISHED.
I really had no idea how to make a quilt before I set out to make this one. I still don't really know how. I just know that it's basically batting between two pieces of material, held together with thread or yarn.
Ta-daaa! I know, you're impressed with my vast quilting knowledge, it's okay to say it.
Anyways. My ma-in-law and I found these pieces of fabric (I think one was actually a tablecloth...) at the thrift store that matched her room exactly. A good wash later, they were ready to go.
I wanted the actual quilt-pattern-part to be free-form and swirly. That's it.

And three months after starting it, it's now finished. Three quarters of it were finished in the first 24 hours after getting the stuff, thanks to said Ma-in-Law. The last quarter was finished yesterday. Three months later.

I plead new baby.

At least it's finished...and we're fans, Baby-Rae and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment