Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Things My Kids Should Know About Me: Part 1

I came across a pin on Pinterest that linked to a blogger's post with 30 questions to answer for your kids to read about you someday.
I love that idea.
I decided to do it here, because...well...I'm just an exhibitionist like that sometimes. And plus it keeps things fun when I get to share it with friends as well. I'll probably do this all again in the future (for just my kids) because answers change...but for now, and for the next few posts, I'll answer the questions as my 29-year-old self.

The first question is.....

[1/30] List 20 Random Facts about yourself.

Aaaaand here we go...

1) Some people bite their fingernails, some people roll napkins; my fidgety habit is playing with stickers and price tags and tape.
2) Despite what a few pregnancies have left me with, I did at one time have very curly hair
3) I would take rich, decadent (chocolatey!) desserts over light, fruity desserts any day.
4) I am a thinker and a dreamer. "Doing" is not a natural strength. I love time to myself to just let my mind wander. It's also what makes me forgetful and absent minded of the nitty-gritty details of my life, like appointments and to-do's.
5) I got a fishbone stuck in my throat once. The doctor had to pull it out with these tong-like things.
6) I have never broken a bone. Well...that I've needed a cast for. I suspect I had a broken toe at one point, but I'm not for-sure on that one.
7) I love to write poetry; there's something fascinatingly challenging about taking all of what I'm thinking and trying to frame it with as few, and powerful of, words as possible.
8) The one movie that will always make me cry is Little Women. I identify with Jo so strongly that I bawl every. time. BUT I don't like that she ends up with the professor; I always wanted her to end up with Laurie instead.
9) I am transparent and easy to read; but the best friends in my life have given me a little space to believe I am mysterious.
10) I hate brushing my teeth. It's a sensory thing. But the WORST is being in the room when other people are brushing their teeth; it's like nails on a chalkboard to me. (Shiver).
11) I like my feet. I think feet are ugly in general...but I don't think mine are the ugliest out there.
12) I love a man with great looking hands.
13) I am SUPER allergic to dogs and cats and anything with dander. Like, mildly anaphylactic, given the right mixture of circumstances. Hypo-allergenic doesn't even cut it. I can be around them longer, but still get symptoms.
14) The one above was almost a deal-breaker for my hubby when we were dating. And you think that I'm joking...
15) I have this secret love of keeping grammar rules. I feel like good grammar is becoming obsolete alarmingly quickly...so when I make the effort to use a semicolon correctly, I feel that I have done my part in defending the Honour of Grammar. Weird, I know. I also feel like it gives me the right to use bad grammar whenever I want because I actually know how to say it properly. Grammar snob? Perhaps.
16) I value a good listener like they are made of stars and rainbows. They are SO hard to find. I also strive, constantly, to BE a good listener.
17) I love exercising. A good workout is a treat for me. I love the way it challenges my mind as much as it does my body.
18) That said, I still can't figure out how to love yoga. I really love the idea. I just can't get my body to cooperate.
19) When I turned 25, I felt great about what I had accomplished up to that point in my life: I had completed a bachelor's degree, completed a certificate program, served as a missionary for a year and half, gotten married and had a baby. I have less than a year until I am 30 and I want to feel just as good about what I have accomplished since. My list will be SO different this time, but I hope I feel just as proud of what I've achieved.
20) I still secretly believe that I was supposed to marry Jonathan Taylor Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment