Friday, August 20, 2010

Baby-Rae, Accelerated.

Her favourite place in the house. Which, coincidentally, is watching everything going on outside of the house.
I'm indignant.

My Baby-Rae is growing up way too fast. It's just not fair.
She's walking that delicate line between baby and toddler, marching around here like she owns the place (which, really, she does...but shhhh...she's not supposed to know that...), and acting so...grown up.
Recently, she's been picky about giving kisses. She used to give them on command, but then decided she could afford to be choosey...especially when it came to kisses for me, the Mama.
All-of-the-sudden, she's giving kisses again, voluntarily. But you know when she decides to smother you with them? When she is holding, in her sweet pudgy hands, something that she knows she shouldn't have. Like the kisses are supposed to distract me, or butter me up and make me all soft so I let her play with whatever she shouldn't have.
(And it works way more times than it should, dangit.)
Something else that's cracked me up this week? How I've found the cheese grater in the middle of the living room, Baby-Rae's pajama pants and shoe in the garbage, and her teddy bear in the toilet.

Welcome to Toddler-hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment