Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ode to D-Hubby, 2 Years Mine.


This past Sunday was our second anniversary! Ya-hoo! 

And I am warning you riiight now that this post is downright mushy. No way around it. Just have to barf it up. ...Just be glad our anniversary is only once a year...

So...two years.
And it's weird. Because it doesn't feel like it's been that long...and at the same time, feels like we've lived three lifetimes since then. Maybe it's because we have lived Baby-Rae's whole lifetime since then...or maybe it's because we've moved three times. Or fell in love all over again more times than I can count. Interesting fact: did you know, that out of the 24 months we've been married, I've been NON-pregnant for a mere 7.5 months??? Let's give D-Hubby a big round of applause for living with a pretty much constantly pregnant wife for the past two years...seriously.

If I even tried to describe my D-Hubby, I couldn't. I think it's one of the things I love most about him...I can never quite seem to figure him out...and can still read him like a book at the same time. I tease him often about how nobody taught him how to talk to a woman...because this man of mine is always just saying exactly what's on his mind. He doesn't really know how to "soften" his words or say things "in a different way" (women, everywhere, know exactly what I mean. Ha!)... He just doesn't know how to be anybody but himself. 
And I love it. 
Because what I get is pure, unaffected him, 100% of the time. It's always real. And I always know how he actually feels about the outfit I'm wearing... :) Sometimes, when I'm feeling especially female, he'll say something that I could totally take in the wrong way. And when I stop him and ask if he could please say that in a different way, he gets it. We both get it. We both laugh about it. And he tries again, for me. 
And sometimes, when he tells me what he thinks about my hair and I tell him what he actually needs to say to make me smile, he says it. Rolls his eyes, maybe. :) But says it...honey, you look good not matter what your hair is doing...for me.

I love that he's not a team-sports fanatic. Or a video-game guru. Even though sometimes I think he wishes he were at least one or the other, for the sake of conversation with other man-folk. But he looooves him some mountains. And all that comes with it...the camping, the hiking, the climbing...the adventure. He loves photography. And he loves to create. Monotony bores him, and I'm glad...because he loves rearranging the furniture as often as I do. He's always looking for something new to learn, a new skill to acquire, a new way to do what he's already done.
He's so silly. And so serious. He drives me nuts. And makes me laugh. He is always a surprise. And he is a phenomenal father.

I sure love my sweet D-Hubby.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad these last 2 years have been so wonderful, hope there is 100 more years to come!

    ReplyDelete