Friday, September 24, 2010

My Beef.

Alright. Who's teaching my kid around here?

Like, how to dip her little pieces of grilled cheese sandwich into the dime-sized amount of ketchup I put on her plate, just to see what she'd do about it. Suspicious: she knew exactly what to do about it.

And how she knew exactly what to do when I put the laundry basket under the dryer door and opened it. She walked right over and started shoving clothes from the dryer into the basket. Well, I never...

And who, might I ask, taught her how to pick up her baby so gently, hold it up on her shoulder, and pat-rub its back in that heart-melting way? Or go sit beside the bed with her hands folded and head bowed, talking quietly until someone says amen?

Whoever you are....thanks. I appreciate it. Really.
While you're at it, do you think you could teach her not to scream like a banshee when she's not getting what she wants? My head just might explode soon.

Otherwise, I think I'll take it from here, thankyouverymuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment